Rear View Mirror

I'm a forty-something, completely tarnished Southern Belle with a husband, teenager, and two big dogs. I write, though not lately (that's another story)and I am co-editor of an online literary ezine, Chick Flicks. I often find myself rambling about politics, world affairs, pop culture and a whole host of worthless infomation. Welcome to my head.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Apologies and HeavyGlow

My Apologies for misspellings in my last post. Funny thing happened. I had typed it all out in here and hit post. As sometimes happens with my computer, the "connection" didn't go all the way through and I got one of those stupid "cannot find server" pages. When I hit the back button, my entire post was gone. I used the "recover post" feature in here, but unfortunately, it only recovered half of it. So I typed in the rest of it all over again. Only when I hit "publish" the original post showed up, except with a few sentences in another font and size. So I had to go back and fix that. By the time I'd done all that crap, I just didn't care about reading over it to make sure everything was hunky dorie, so just deal with it.

Ok, on to bigger and better things. Our ezine Chick Flicks is growing nicely. We've got a nice little issue coming out June 15. For a complete table of contents, check out the Chick Flicks Blog(link off on the side bar over there, cuz I'm just too damn lazy to mess with it in here.).

And of course, as if Stacy and I aren't busy enough, we're launching a new ezine called HeavyGlow(again, check the sidebar, the link should be there). This little green jewel will feature strictly flash fiction, no more than 750 words, but we'd really prefer 500 words or less. We have quite a fondness for short pieces that pack a whollup. Although it's not in its permanent home(we'll be getting it it's own domain soon) submissions are open and guidelines are posted. Also, to go along with the ezine, there's a forum. All though all types of flash fiction may be workshopped in there, we have a special place for flash fiction workshopping for pieces intended to be submitted to HeavyGlow. The forum is also featuring our famous furiously fast Flash and Dash exercises that any member may partipate in. Membership is free.

Ok, that's it for me. My dogs are sitting in front of the back door waiting for a chance to go pee in the rain, that is if they can stand to get their gigantic paws wet, the babies.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM , Blogger Stacy Taylor said...

Good promo, girl. I need to repost everything at the workshop, thanks to the hacker attack. Some people must really be bored...I mean you'd think they'd target the pentagon or something, not a silly little community of forums.

I laughed about your dogs...silly critters, eh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home